Health Technology (HT) is vital to global health care. The dependence of health, rehabilitation, and wellness programs on health technology for the delivery of services has never been greater. It is essential that HT be optimally managed; biomedical and clinical engineers (CE) have been recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) as essential to providing these management skills; see http://www.who.int/medical_devices/policies/who_resolutions/en/.
Over the past fifty years growing concerns among Clinical Engineering (CE) professionals, about lack of knowledge by government agencies and other key stakeholders, coupled with limited recognition for their vast contributions to the safe and effective creation and deployment of HT, led to these evidence-based studies to address the concerns.
Clinical Engineering evidence in the form of Success Stories was captured in 150 case studies from 90 countries, and presented to health ministry leaders at the WHO World Health Assembly, http://cedglobal.org/?s=health+technologies , according to the report in 2016. Furthermore in 2017, an additional 250 studies, now from a total of 125 countries, were added from review of published presentations.
The additional stories were largely drawn from two global meetings in 2017: WHO’s Third Global Forum on Medical Devices http://www.who.int/medical_devices/en/ and IFMBE CED’s II ICEHTMC http://www.icehtmc.com/, and http://cedglobal.org/. The full set of stories demonstrates improved processes and clinical outcomes across 6 categories: Access, Innovation, Health Systems, Management, e-Technology, and Safety & Quality.
To learn more about this study, please contact:
IFMBE CED Secretary
- David, Yadin Dr. and Judd, Tom. (2018, June 01). Clinical Engineers Manage Health Technology to Improve Clinical Outcomes. Retrieved from https://pressreleasejet.com/news/clinical-engineers-manage-health-technology-to-improve-clinical-outcomes/3298153
- Parkinson, William. (2018, March 13). Clinical Engineers Hold the Key to Success in Ways You Never Guessed. Retrieved from http://blogs.unisys.com/lifesciences/clinical-engineers-hold-the-key-to-success-in-ways-you-never-guessed/
Latest posts by Michael D. (see all)
- Press Release Jet Shares An E-Book: How to Dominate Google Search Results Including SEO - July 2, 2018
- Northern California’s 700-acre wildfire destroys 12 structures and threatens hundreds more, prompts evacuations - June 25, 2018
- Eclectic American-Style Restaurant Opened in Westwood’s Oldest Buildings - June 21, 2018