PHILADELPHIA February 02, 2018
In 2017, the Philadelphia lawyers of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP again stood out and were widely recognized for providing cost-effective strategic advice and advocacy to firm clients. The last year marked the 50th anniversary of the firm, 20th anniversary of the GT Philadelphia office, and was a landmark year for local recognition, engagement, and expansion.
Greenberg Traurig was recognized as the largest firm in the United States by Law360 based on number of lawyers. The firm also received a No. 1 ranking for African American and Hispanic American partners and attorneys by The American Lawyer. In addition, nearly 40 percent of the firmâ€™s Philadelphia attorneys received recognitions:
- Ana C. MontalbÃ¡n, of the Public Finance Practice, was one of seven local attorneys recognized by AL DÃ�A News Media as a Top Latino Lawyer at their Emerging Lawyers Awards Luncheon.
- Eight Philadelphia attorneys were recognized by the 2018 edition of Best Lawyers in America, representing eight practice areas and over 55 years of recognition. They included James N. Boudreau for Litigation-Labor and Employment; Dianne Coady Fisher for Public Finance Law; Robert M. Goldich for Employment Law â€“ Management, Labor Law â€“ Management, and Litigation – Labor and Employment; Rachel Kipnes for Real Estate Law; Michael L. Lehr for Public Finance Law; Vanessa Albert Lowry for Public Finance Law; David G. Mandelbaum for Environmental Law, Litigation â€“ Environmental, Water Law, and was named Philadelphia â€œLawyer of the Yearâ€� for environmental law; and Curtis B. Toll for Environmental Law.
- Labor & employment attorney, Robert M. Goldich, was recognized in Whoâ€™s Who Legal: Labour, Employment & Benefits Guide 2017.
- The 2017 Chambers USA Guide recognized James N. Boudreau for Labor & Employment, David G. Mandelbaum for Environmental, and Diane E. Vuocolo for Bankruptcy/Restructuring. In addition, the 2017 Chambers USA Guide ranked the Philadelphia officeâ€™s environmental practice among the top in the Commonwealth.
- The 2017 Pennsylvania edition of Super Lawyers recognized 10 Philadelphia attorneys including James N. Boudreau for Employee Litigation: Defense; Robert M. Goldich for Employment & Labor; David G. Mandelbaum for Environmental, and; Alexander L. Scarola for Government Finance. The Rising Stars list included Jennifer Hermansky for Immigration: Business; Caleb J. Holmes for Environmental; Jillian C. Kirn for Environmental; Kaitlyn R. Maxwell for Environmental Litigation; Christiana L. Signs for Employment Litigation: Defense, and; Michael A. Suleta for Real Estate.
- For the fifth year in a row, James N. Boudreau was named to â€œNationâ€™s 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneysâ€� list by Human Resource Executive, Lawdragon.
- Two litigators were recommended by The Legal 500 United States 2017 Guide: James N. Boudreau for Labor and employment – Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions) â€“ defense; and David G. Mandelbaum for Dispute resolution – Product liability, mass tort and class action – toxic tort â€“ defense, and Industry focus – Environment â€“ litigation.
Attorneys of the Philadelphia office participated in more than 20 speaking engagements in 2017. A third of those engagements took place in the region:
- In partnership with International House Philadelphia, GT hosted the Second Annual International Entrepreneurs Summit of Philadelphia which provides an opportunity for foreign entrepreneurs to learn about launching a business in the region and connect with business leaders. Immigration Practice attorney Nataliya Rymer led the event and spoke about the expanding a companyâ€™s international workforce.
- Nataliya Rymer presented â€œThe New Political Environment: Potential Issues, Including Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)â€� at the Philadelphia Higher Education Network for Neighborhood Development (PHENND) Conference at Cabrini University.
- Healthcare attorney, Mark L. Mattioli, was a panelist for â€œHealthcare Antitrust: Increased Challenges and Greater Complexityâ€� at the 23rd Annual Health Law Institute, hosted by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
- The Philadelphia office hosted a â€œBest for PHLâ€� workshop as part of the ImpactPHL initiative, a program that helps executives improve their business as well as the community around them.
- Environmental attorney, Curtis B. Toll, was a panelist for â€œEnvironmental Risk Transfer Alternatives that Leverage Large-Scale Equity and Debt for Corporate Transactionsâ€� for RTMâ€™s Sustainable Property and Asset-Based Transactions Conference at the Sheraton Society Hill Hotel.
- Vanessa Albert Lowry, an attorney in the public finance practice, spoke at the Union League on â€œCurrent Regulatory Developments: Issue Price Rules & Material Eventsâ€� for The Bond Buyerâ€™s Mid-Atlantic Municipal Market Conference.
- Caleb J. Holmes and David G. Mandelbaum of the environmental practice presented three Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI) CLEs, titled â€œThe Pennsylvania Environmental Rights Amendment: Implications for All Attorneys,â€� for throughout the state for those working in the real estate, business, and municipal sectors.
EXPANDING THE GREENBERG TRAURIG EXPERIENCE
The Philadelphia office made important new hires and key attorney elevations in 2017:
- Jennifer Hermansky was elevated to shareholder in the Immigration & Compliance Practice. Hermansky focuses her immigration practice on both employment-based and family-based immigration. She has prepared and filed many immigrant investor visa petitions, both through individual investments and regional center investments. Additionally, she works with developers across a variety of industries seeking capital for new projects that qualify for EB-5 investments. She has advised clients in the structuring of several billion dollars in capital raising activities that qualify for EB-5 financing.
- Rebecca L. Harrigal joined as a shareholder in the firmâ€™s Tax Practice. She focuses her practice on matters related to tax-exempt bonds, tax credit bonds, and direct pay bonds and has an in-depth understanding of IRS operations and tax issues relating to tax-advantaged bonds. Before joining the firm, she spent 26 years working at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), most recently serving as the first female Director of the Office of Tax Exempt Bonds within the Tax Exempt and Governmental Entities Division of the IRS.
- Kevin Greenberg joined as a shareholder in the Government Law & Policy, Corporate, and Real Estate practices. His practice focuses on corporate and securities, real estate, and emerging companies. He is known for his successful representation of Pennsylvania elected officials and private-sector clients in the crossover between the commercial and government sectors, including casino land use and licensing disputes before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, development deals, and public-private partnerships.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP â€“ Philadelphia
Founded in 1997, Greenberg Traurigâ€™s Philadelphia office is now home to 40 attorneys and 12 practices including Restructuring & Bankruptcy, Corporate & Securities, Environmental, Business Immigration & Compliance, Investment Regulation, Labor & Employment, Litigation, Public Finance, Government Law & Policy, Real Estate, and Tax. The Philadelphia office represents clients in the manufacturing, health care, real estate, energy, financial, and insurance industries, state and local governments, professional service, and energy firms, and individuals.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.
Latest posts by Editorial Team (see all)
- American Academy of Thermology 2018 Annual Scientific Session Awarded 6.5 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME - May 20, 2018
- Strong Programme Raises Profile of the Maritime Standard Ship Finance and Trade Conference - May 20, 2018
- Pegasus Food Futures Announces Appointment of Stefanie Paterson as Head of Human Resources - May 20, 2018