Neka Health discuses factors causing back pain, how it currently affects people and ways to prevent it.
Press Release – updated: Feb 2, 2018 08:34 EST
Tampa, FL, February 2, 2018 (PressRelease.com) – Back pain can become a serious problem, but for most Americans it already is!
According to the Mayo Clinic, approximately 80% of all Americans will have low back pain at least once in their lives and over 65 million Americans currently suffer from back pain. It is the second most common reason for medical visits. Nearly a third of adult females suffer from lower back pain, compared to a quarter of males and is more common in the age group range 35 â€“ 55 years.
Some factors that can lead to back pain are: Sitting for long hours, heavy lifting, bending, incorrect posture, pulling, overstretching. Other chronic conditions that contribute to back pain are:
- Sciatica â€“ Pain that radiates along the sciatic nerve, which runs down one or both legs from the lower back.
- Herniated Discs / Slipped Discs â€“ When a tear or weakness in an intervertebral discâ€™s protective outer layer allows the inner layer to leak through its barrier and into the spinal canal.
- Abnormal curvature of the spine, Arthritis and Osteoporosis.
Though most people with back pain will see a General Practitioner or a Primary Care Physician for help, it can be prevented and treated at home relatively easily and for low cost:
- Heat in the form of heating pads, warm water soaks helps with blood circulation and tension relief.
- Mild daily stretching, exercise, practicing good body mechanics when moving, bending, and lifting.
- Wearing comfortable shoes, adjusting certain sleeping habits, and sitting on an Orthopaedic seat cushion.
Having an Orthopaedic seat cushion provides more benefits for the prevention and relief of back pain than not having one at all. Neka Health, a health and wellness centered brand offers a Coccyx Memory Foam Orthopaedic Seat Cushion with a gel overlay that provides optimal comfort, prevention and relief from a wide array of issues associated with back pain, like the ones discussed above. It can be found and bought from amazon.com at www.amazon.com/dp/B075CVXLRW
Live strong, live healthy, protect your back ! It is the structure and support for your entire body !
Latest posts by Jasmine Petters (see all)
- American Academy of Thermology 2018 Annual Scientific Session Awarded 6.5 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME - May 20, 2018
- Strong Programme Raises Profile of the Maritime Standard Ship Finance and Trade Conference - May 20, 2018
- Pegasus Food Futures Announces Appointment of Stefanie Paterson as Head of Human Resources - May 20, 2018