United States – 06-13-2019 (PRDistribution.com) — Comtrend adds 2-Port Gigabit Ethernet with PoE, 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet, and DC Injector flavors of G.hn Wave 2 Powerline Adapters to become the go-to solution for supporting the connected home.
Comtrend, a leading designer and manufacturer of advanced networking solutions, today announced the upcoming availability of their new additions to their G.hn Wave 2 Powerline Adapter lineup. Comtrend was the first to launch a HomeGrid Forum certified G.hn Powerline Adapter in 2014, and continues to be the leader in G.hn technology with the most expansive family offering of Wave 1 and Wave 2 products.A Faster, More Stable Connectivity SolutionG.hn technology offers the best performance over in-home electrical wiring, with more than 4x the data rate versus legacy Powerline technologies. Using Powerline as the backbone technology of the connected home provides a more reliable connection than alternative networking options. Unlike Wireless, the powerline signal is impervious to interference by walls and ceilings. Maximizing Coverage in the Home While Minimizing Installation TimeComtrend’s full lineup allows users to add Ethernet, Wireless, and Power over Ethernet (PoE) connectivity anywhere there is an outlet. The new G.hn Powerline models join the existing Wave 2 family of products, including the Ethernet adapter (PG-9182PT) and the AC1200 dual-band Wireless adapter (PG-9182AC).Comtrend’s innovation of next generation G.hn Powerline adapters offers even more flexibility for home networking with three new models and an improved throughput rate of up to 2Gbps:
- The PG-9182PoE G.hn Powerline adapter with two integrated 802.3at PoE ports seamlessly provides both data and power to IP Cameras and other PoE devices. The two Gigabit Ethernet ports have flexible PoE configuration with a shared 30W power budget.
- The PG-9182S4 G.hn Powerline adapter with an integrated 4-port GigabitEthernet switch provides ample ports to connect a home entertainment systems, including Internet-ready TVs, gaming consoles, set-top-boxes, and receivers.
- The PG-9182DC G.hn Powerline adapter with a DC injector is a new Comtrend solution. This device replaces the existing Comtrend power supply with a similar unit that has G.hn technology embedded within. One adapter both powers the Gateway and connects to the G.hn Powerline network.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing of Comtrend North America, John DiFrenna, adds, “Comtrend’s Product Team continues to leverage our position as the top provider of G.hn solutions globally. With these new additions to our G.hn Powerline portfolio we have chosen to not only stay current by providing the latest G.hn chipset, but also to add innovative solutions based on our customer feedback and our market experience. We have an expansive lineup of G.hn Powerline products, ranging from our standard Ethernet over Powerline adapter for larger-demand applications, to our PoE and 4-Port Ethernet options for niche and unique networking scenarios. We will continue our commitment to providing the latest G.hn advancements with the widest array of application options.”Remote Management Improves Customer Service, Reduces Truck RollsAll of Comtrend’s G.hn Powerline adapters support TR-069 for remote management, enabling service providers to gain visibility into the subscriber’s connected home networks. Service Providers can now monitor and quickly resolve issues with remote access, resulting in reduced operational costs and improved customer satisfaction.The PG-9182PoE, PG-9182DC, and PG-9182S4 will be available for sampling in Q3 of 2019.For more information on these products, please contact a Comtrend sales representative or send an email to NA(dot)Sales(at)Comtrend(dot)com.About Comtrend
We know Service Providers. Comtrend has been in the business of supporting Service Providers for over 25 years, and we are proud of our history and the partnerships that we have grown. Our mission is to design and manufacture purpose-built solutions for Service Providers, allowing them to easily provide reliable, best-in-class home connectivity to their subscribers. Comtrend remains committed to offering the latest industry technologies, including Fiber and DSL broadband gateways, wireless and Powerline home networking, and leading-edge Service Provider ACS analytics and management.
For the original news story, please visit https://prdistribution.com/news/comtrend-expands-their-family-of-ghn-wave-2-powerline-adapters.html.
Powered by WPeMatico
Latest posts by Editorial Team (see all)
- Property Up Announces Limited Partnership Opportunities for Select Real Estate Agents - October 16, 2019
- Royal Holiday Vacation Club Offers New Spots For Your Future Retreats - October 16, 2019
- Liberty Auto Protection Ocean NJ Demonstrates Corporate Social Responsibility - October 16, 2019