ROCKVILLE, Md. April 27, 2018
The 2018 Decommissioning Strategy Forum will explore the theme Cost Performance, Capital Investments and Best Practices as the market for decommissioning continues to expand. The Decommissioning Strategy Forum will allow attendees to learn how to capitalize on opportunities in the nuclear decommissioning market.
The Forum will address a variety of topics, including the expanding decommissioning market, business models for decommissioning projects, new and innovative technologies, regulatory updates, updates on current U.S. decommissioning projects and more.
The following speakers and moderators have been confirmed for the Decommissioning Strategy Forum:
- Frederic Bailly, Vice President, Reactor Decommissioning, Orano
- Francis (Chip) Cameron, Public Outreach Manager, Enercon Federal Services
- David Carlson, President and Chief Operating Officer, Waste Control Specialists, LLC
- Joseph E. Carnigan, Principal, Carnigan & Associates, LLC
- Pamela B. Cowen, Vice President, Nuclear Generation, NEI
- John Hamilton, Principal, Stakeholder Capital Consulting
- Patricia Holahan, Director, Division of Rulemaking, Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Eric Howes, Director, Public & Government Affairs, Maine Yankee Atomic Power Company
- James Joosten, President and Managing Director, CONNECT, LLC
- Jeff Kerridge, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Nuclear & Environment (N&E) Strategic Business Unit, AECOM
- Adam H. Levin, Principal, AHL Consulting
- John Matthews, Partner, Morgan & Lewis
- Rod McCullum, Sr. Director Fuel and Decommissioning, Nuclear Energy Institute
- J. Greg Meyer, Senior Vice President, Energy & Nuclear Business Sector, FLUOR
- Richard Reid, Technical Executive, Electric Power Research Institute
- Michele Sampson, Acting Deputy Director, Division of Decommissioning, Uranium Recovery and Waste Programs, Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- James Taylor, Principle Vice President and General Manager of Environmental, Bechtel Corporation
“Strategic planning for decommissioning nuclear power plants requires learning from others’ challenges and success,” said Nancy Berlin, Program Manager, Decommissioning Strategy Forum. “This inaugural event brings together industry stakeholders, utilities, regulators and service providers to identify key strategies for success for this growing market.”
Hundreds of industry and government attendees will convene at the Forum to make important connections and leave with clear tactics to apply to their decommissioning strategies. Through a day and a half of discussions and networking, keynote addresses and more, attendees will hear from decommissioning experts, state and local regulatory officials and technology provides at the Forum to guide their inside on nuclear decommissioning business opportunities.
The 2018 Decommissioning Strategy Forum will take place June 7-8, 2018 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nasvhille, TN. With hundreds of expected attendees and several high-profile sponsors and exhibitors already secured, including Alliant, BWXT, Company Wrench, Container Technologies Industries, EnergySolutions, ESC Lab Sciences, GEL Labs, Master-Lee Energy Services Corp., National Salvage & Service Company, OSC, SECUR, Smoke Mountain Solutions, UniTech and US Ecology, the 2018 Decommissioning Strategy Forum is a can’t miss event.
To learn more and to register, visit http://www.decommissioningstrategy.com.
About ExchangeMonitor, a division of Access Intelligence, LLC
ExchangeMonitor Publications & Forums publishes professional newsletters and creates, manages and sponsors forums, colloquiums and workshops to facilitate an exchange of views and information on critical programs and policies. Areas of focus include: the Department of Energy’s Office of Environmental Management and the cleanup of the nuclear legacy of the Manhattan Project and the Cold War; the National Nuclear Security Administrative and the current U.S. nuclear weapons complex; and the commercial radioactive waste industry.
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Dubai Moves to Honour Knowledge Pioneer With $1 Million Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Award - May 20, 2018
- Court Dismisses Andrea Tantaros Lawsuit Against Fox News And Pete Snyder - May 20, 2018
- President Jimmy Carter spurs Liberty University Class of 2018 to success through service - May 19, 2018