AUBURN HILLS, Mich., May 18, 2018 —
- Three U.S. high school students selected from across the nation win contest
- Winning students receive exclusive look inside a day-in-the-life of FCA's Product Design Office
- Prizes also include a two-week summer automotive design course at Lawrence Technological University, all-expense-paid trip to the EyesOn Design Automotive Design Exhibition and more
Pencils down! Votes have been made and the results are in for the FCA 2018 Drive for Design contest.
Three talented high school students from Miami, Florida, and Buffalo, New York, have earned top honors in the 2018 Drive for Design contest, sponsored by the FCA US Product Design Office. The contest, in its sixth year, challenged U.S. high school students in grades 10-12 to design a Jeep® Wrangler for the year 2030. The FCA design team partnered with EyesOn Design and Lawrence Technological University for this year's contest.
“Six years ago, we created the Drive for Design contest to create awareness about the various career paths available in automotive design. We wanted to connect with young artists early in their curriculum and help guide them in the right direction to begin a career in automotive design,” said Mark Trostle, Head of Performance, Passenger Car and Utility Vehicle Design, FCA – North America. “The creative perspective on all this year's submissions were inventive and exceptional as you could truly see the inspiration, objective and emotion behind each concept.”
The three student winners are:
- First place – Eduard Cret, Design and Architecture Senior High (Miami, Florida)
- Second place – Emily Bryson, Design and Architecture Senior High (Miami, Florida)
- Third place – Jinho So, Canisius High School (Buffalo, New York)
- Day of Design with an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the FCA US Product Design studios and the opportunity to work one-one-one with professional automotive designers
- Two-week summer automotive design course at Lawrence Technological University
- Passes to the “EyesOn Design Automotive Design Exhibition” in Grosse Pointe Shores, Michigan
- Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 – a full-featured, Intel®-powered computer that offers a larger space for drawing, detailed concept art, 3D sculpting and painting, motion graphics and advanced image editing for retouching
- An Apple iPad and Apple Pencil
About EyesOn Design
A benefit for the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology, a not-for-profit corporation, EyesOn Design is a major source of revenue for the DIO's research, education and support group programs for the visually impaired. The DIO is a division of the Department of Ophthalmology of the Henry Ford Health System.
About Lawrence Technological University
Lawrence Technological University was born 80 years ago in the middle of an innovation explosion that would change the world. None other than Henry and Edsel Ford helped launch the revolutionary experiment that would become LTU, providing guidance and space in their sprawling former Model T assembly plant for the fledgling school. Today, the school is still changing the world. Since those early beginnings students and alumni have gone on to design and engineer the tools, buildings and products that helped define their generations. And tomorrow's LTU students will do the same. Lawrence Tech is about “Theory and Practice,” taking abstract ideas into the real world to solve tomorrow's problems. Its reputation comes as much from what we're doing now as it does from our storied past. If you're a thinker, a visionary, a builder … if you're curious … then you're Lawrence Tech. Come roll up your sleeves and dive in at one of the nation's best schools for engineering, architecture, science and applied technology.
About Drive for Design
Launched in 2013, the FCA US Product Design Office created its Drive for Design contest as an innovative way to educate young artists about careers in automotive design. Starting locally in Detroit, Drive for Design has grown to become a national contest that has awarded talented students with prizes and unique opportunities to help further develop their design skills.
About FCA US LLC
FCA US LLC is a North American automaker based in Auburn Hills, Michigan. It designs, manufactures, and sells or distributes vehicles under the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo brands, as well as the SRT performance designation. The Company also distributes Mopar and Alfa Romeo parts and accessories. FCA US is building upon the historic foundations of Chrysler Corp., established in 1925 by industry visionary Walter P. Chrysler and Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino (F.I.A.T.), founded in Italy in 1899 by pioneering entrepreneurs, including Giovanni Agnelli. FCA US is a member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. (NYSE: FCAU/ MTA: FCA).
FCA, the eighth-largest automaker in the world based on total annual vehicle sales, is an international automotive group. FCA is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FCAU” and on the Mercato Telematico Azionario under the symbol “FCA.”
Follow FCA US news and video on:
Company blog: blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Twitter (Spanish): www.twitter.com/fcausespanol
Media website: media.fcanorthamerica.com
SOURCE FCA US LLC
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Dubai Moves to Honour Knowledge Pioneer With $1 Million Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Award - May 20, 2018
- Court Dismisses Andrea Tantaros Lawsuit Against Fox News And Pete Snyder - May 20, 2018
- President Jimmy Carter spurs Liberty University Class of 2018 to success through service - May 19, 2018