DUBLIN, Feb. 6. 2018 —
The “Alpha Olefin Market Analysis By Product, (1-Butene, 1-Hexene, 1-Octene, 1-Decene, 1-Dodecene), By Application (Polyethylene, Detergent Alcohol, Synthetic Lubricants), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global alpha olefin market is expected to reach USD 12.58 billion by 2025.
Major companies are involved in raw material production, alpha olefins production, distribution of alpha olefins production and end-use products manufacturing.
End-use products include polyethylene, detergent alcohols, synthetic lubricants, plasticizers, etc. In-house production and utilization of alpha olefin helps the manufacturers to cut down logistics cost and cater to end-users directly to increase profitability.Increasing polyethylene demand from various end-use industries is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global alpha olefin market.
Normal alpha olefins are considered to be the best intermediators for the production of alpha olefin sulfonate (AOS) surfactants. The advantages achieved are, good foaming and wetting properties, high hard-water compatibility, and superb detergency. Along with being rapidly biodegradable, AOS is unhampered of skin irritants and sensitizers. C14-C16 AOS blends are usually used for the production of liquid hand soaps.
Further Key Findings:
- The global alpha olefin demand was 4,327.9 kilotons in 2016 and is expected to reach 6,273.3 million tons by 2025, growing at an estimated CAGR of 4.2% from 2017 to 2025.
- Increase in the production of oil in OPEC countries and in Russia and the U.S. is anticipated to maintain a smooth flow of raw material supply for alpha olefin production.
- The surge in demand for polyalphaolefin in the synthetic lubricants segment owing to reduced engine wear and tear is anticipated to propel the market growth in the mentioned forecast period.
- 1-Octene generated a demand of 449.1 kilo tons in 2016 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 3.2% over the forecast period
- Declining ethane prices has spurred the development of new ethane crackers in the U.S., creating greater supply for alpha olefin production.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Research scope and assumptions
1.3 List of data sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Alpha Olefin Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market segmentation
3.2 Market size and growth prospects, 2014 – 2025
3.3 Alpha olfin value chain analysis
3.4 Alpha olefin market dynamics
3.5 Alpha olefin PESTEL analysis
Chapter 4 Alpha Olefin Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Alpha olefin market share by product, 2015 & 2025
4.2 Global alpha olefin demand by product 2014 – 2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
Chapter 5 Alpha Olefin Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Alpha olefin market share by application, 2015 & 2025
5.2 Global alpha olefin demand by application 2014 – 2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
Chapter 6 Alpha Olefin Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Global alpha olefin market estimates and forecast by region 2014 – 2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
6.2 North America
6.4 Asia Pacific
6.5 Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6.6 Central & South America (CSA)
Chapter 7 Competitive Landscape
7.1 Vendor Landscape
7.2 Competitive Environment
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
8.1 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
8.2 Dow Chemical Co.
8.4 Idemitsu Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
8.5 INEOS Oligomers
8.6 Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.
8.8 Qatar Chemical Company Ltd (Q-chem)
8.9 Qatar Chemical Company II Ltd.
8.10 Sasol Limited
8.11 Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
8.12 Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s2x4xw/global_12_58?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Latest posts by Jasmine Petters (see all)
- American Academy of Thermology 2018 Annual Scientific Session Awarded 6.5 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME - May 20, 2018
- Strong Programme Raises Profile of the Maritime Standard Ship Finance and Trade Conference - May 20, 2018
- Pegasus Food Futures Announces Appointment of Stefanie Paterson as Head of Human Resources - May 20, 2018