Third quarter (1 October – 31 December 2017)
- Net sales increased by 12 percent and amounted to SEK 2,030 million (1,819).
- Operating profit before amortisation of intangible non-current assets (EBITA) increased by 19 percent and amounted to SEK 190 million (160) corresponding to an EBITA margin of 9.4 percent (8.8).
- Operating profit increased by 17 percent and amounted to SEK 155 million (132) corresponding to an operating margin of 7.7 percent (7.3).
- Profit after tax increased by 17 percent and amounted to SEK 115 million (98) and earnings per share before dilution amounted to SEK 1.70 (1.40).
Period (1 April – 31 December 2017)
- Net sales increased by 13 percent and amounted to SEK 5,901 million (5,237).
- Operating profit before amortisation of intangible non-current assets (EBITA) increased by 18 percent and amounted to SEK 617 million (522) corresponding to an EBITA margin of 10.5 percent (10.0). The profit includes items affecting comparability amounting to a net total of SEK +12 million, and adjusted EBITA amounted to SEK 605 million (522), corresponding to an EBITA margin of 10.3 percent (10.0).
- Operating profit increased by 17 percent and amounted to SEK 517 million (441) corresponding to an operating margin of 8.8 percent (8.4).
- Profit after tax increased by 18 percent and amounted to SEK 393 million (332) and earnings per share before dilution amounted to SEK 5.75 (4.85).
- Return on working capital (P/WC) amounted to 53 percent (50) and return on equity amounted to 29 percent (26).
- The equity ratio amounted to 36 percent (39).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 388 million (391).
- Eleven acquisitions, of which three after the end of the period, have been completed since the start of the financial year with total annual sales of about SEK 700 million.
Conditions favourable for business and profit growth still strong
The third quarter was also characterised by favourable conditions for business, and stronger demand in most of our geographical markets and most customer segments. Our level of activity was high, with a strong increase in sales, both organically and through acquisitions. We achieved a profit growth of 19% for the quarter, which was in line with the increase we have had earlier in the year. The operating margin also continued to increase, compared with the previous year.
The Components Business Area delivered an outstanding quarter, through both organic growth and several new acquisitions. In the Energy Business Area, our experience is that the markets are relatively stable, but the quarter showed weaker results due to lower sales and increased competition. Industrial Process and Power Solutions continue to report strong and stable sales and profit growth.
During the quarter, Patrick Klerck was appointed Business Area Manager of Components. Patrik Klerck has been a member of the management team of Components for five years and has a solid experience from the Group. At the same time Anders Claeson, Executive Vice President and former Business Area Manager of Components, was appointed acting Business Area Manager of Industrial Process, replacing Johan Dyberg, who left the Group.
From a geographical perspective, the highest rate of growth was in Finland and Denmark, while the business situation also improved from an already high level in Sweden. Demand was generally stable in Norway, and business outside the Nordic region was still good. With regard to demand in our various customer segments, we increased sales of production components to manufacturers of, for example, special vehicles, machinery, electronics, wind power and marine vessels. Demand was stable in medical technology and oil & gas, but was lower in the telecom segment.
Demand for aftermarket products for the manufacturing industry showed an upward trend, while the pace of investment in the process industry was stable. Sales of infrastructure products for the primary and regional grids in the Nordic region fell during the quarter, whereas sales of niche products in power distribution remained stable. Demand for electricity-related products from customers in building and installation continued to develop positively.
Strengthening our market positions through acquisitions gives Addtech better opportunities to create long-term sustainable growth. We have maintained a high pace of acquisitions, and since the start of the financial year we have made eleven acquisitions, three of which were completed after the end of the quarter. Three acquisitions were made in Sweden, three in Denmark, two in Finland and one in each of Norway, the United Kingdom and Belgium. The acquisitions together contribute annual sales of approximately SEK 700 million. We are in ongoing discussions of acquisitions of not only independent, profitable technology companies with market-leading niche positions, but also smaller complementary acquisitions that can strengthen the market positions and profitability of our existing companies. Our strong balance sheet offers excellent scope for us to continue to acquire attractive companies.
Stockholm, 6 February 2018
President and CEO
This information is information that Addtech AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out below, at 8.15 a.m CET on 6 February 2018.
For further information, please contact:
Johan SjÃ¶, CEO and President, +46 8 470 49 00
Christina Kassberg, CFO, +46 8 470 49 00
Addtech in brief
Addtech is a technology trading group that provides technological and economic value added in the link between manufacturers and customers. Addtech operates in selected niches in the market for advanced technology products and solutions. Its customers primarily operate in the manufacturing industry and infrastructure. Addtech has about 2,200 employees in approximately 120 subsidiaries that operate under their own brands. The Group has annual sales of over SEK 7.5 billion. Addtech is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm.
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Dubai Moves to Honour Knowledge Pioneer With $1 Million Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Award - May 20, 2018
- Court Dismisses Andrea Tantaros Lawsuit Against Fox News And Pete Snyder - May 20, 2018
- President Jimmy Carter spurs Liberty University Class of 2018 to success through service - May 19, 2018