United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs – 01-09-2020 — From ADHD to concussions and cognitive decline, these stories stood out for their newsworthiness.
LearningRx, the world’s largest personal brain training company, has released its annual list of the biggest brain-related stories of 2019. This year’s list touches on a variety of topics, including ADHD, concussions, and cognitive decline.
One of the biggest stories focuses on a multifaceted intervention that created neural changes and improvements in seniors with cognitive decline. The key findings include:
- Improvement and stability in cognition. After the nine-month intervention, three of the five patients were no longer classified as cognitively impaired, while a fourth patient improved from moderately-to-severely impaired to mildly impaired. The fifth patient who entered the study with Stage 2 Alzheimer’s remained stable.
- Improved daily functioning and outlook. Patients reported improved memory, attention, mental clarity, as well as increased energy, better mood, and improved outlook on life.
- Changes in brain connectivity visible on fMRI. fMRI analyses revealed changes in the brain that suggest improved efficiency, as well as changes in network connectivity that correlated with changes found on neuropsychological tests.
To read the rest of the big brain stories, visit: https://www.learningrx.com/blog/2019/december/the-biggest-brain-breakthroughs-of-2019/#~l7S7x12
LearningRx, headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is the largest one-on-one brain training company in the world. With approximately 70 Centers in the U.S. and locations in 47 countries around the globe, LearningRx has helped more than 100,000 individuals and families sharpen their cognitive skills to help them think faster, learn easier, and perform better. Their on-site and remote training programs partner every client with a personal brain trainer to keep clients engaged, accountable, and on-task—providing more targeted and intensive training than online-only brain exercises. Their pioneering methods have been used in clinical settings for over 35 years and have been verified as beneficial in 12 peer-reviewed research papers and journals. To learn more visit https://www.learningrx.com.
For the original news story, please visit https://publishedpr.com/news/learningrx-reviews-the-biggest-brain-related-stories-of-2019-rd.html.
Powered by WPeMatico
Latest posts by Editorial Team (see all)
- Competitive Mortgages in Toronto: Roman Vendrov Blog and Website Launch - July 4, 2020
- The Exclusive Medical Society Patient Preferred Physicians & Practitioners Has Meritoriously Named, Natalie W. Geary, MD a “Patient Preferred Pediatrician & Ayurvedic Specialist’ for 2020! - July 4, 2020
- Altrady Makes Crypto Trading Easier With A New Mobile App for iOS and Android - July 4, 2020