LOS ANGELES – 11-21-2018 (PRDistribution.com) —
BladderCell is designed to utilize bioelectric signaling and biologics to treat bladder disorders such as an over-active bladder.
Playa Vista, CA, Salt Lake City, Utah and Pittsburgh, PA (PRReleaseJet) – Today the team at Leonhardt’s Launchpads announced the launch of a new startup BladderCell that will focus on the development of bioelectric treatments for bladder disorders. The original patent pending BladderCell device design has these primary components to its candidate therapy. 1. Bioelectric signal sequences for recruiting (via SDF1 and PDGF), proliferating and differentiating stem cells into bladder muscle. 2. Bioelectric signal sequences communicating with the nervous system for neuromodulation control of bladder function. 3. Bioelectric signals for controlling release of follistatin, tropoelastin, EGF, HGF, IGF1 and other proteins intended for regenerating healthy normal bladder function. 4. Re-fillable micro infusion pump for repeat deliveries of BC-15 bladder regeneration composition. 5. Fifteen component BC-15 bladder regeneration composition comprised of muscle stem cells, growth factors, exosomes, micro RNA gel, PRF, amniotic fluid, selected alkaloids, nutrient hydrogel, follistatin, SDF1, oxygenated nanoparticles and bladder matrix. “The BladderCell therapy is the first candidate therapy known to combine the benefits of bioelectrics and biologics to attempt to regenerate failing or overactive bladders.” states Dr. Leslie Miller, Chief Medical Officer.”Bladder incontinence is increasingly being recognized as a major womens health issue. It is twice as common in women as in men. Our team is determined to bring a better solution to the millions suffering of this disorder.” Laurelle Johnson, BladderCell Advisor
URINARY INCONTINENCE – RECOGNITION AS A MAJOR WOMEN’S HEALTH ISSUE OF CONCERN
- OF THE 25 MILLION ADULT AMERICANS SUFFERING FROM SOME FORM OF URINARY INCONTINENCE, 75-80% OF THOSE ARE WOMEN.
- Urinary Incontinence affects 200 million people worldwide.
- One in four women over the age of 18 experience episodes of leaking urine involuntarily.
- On average, women wait 6.5 years from the first time they experience symptoms until they obtain a diagnosis for their bladder control problem(s).
- Stress urinary incontinence, the most prevalent form of incontinence among women, affects an estimated 15 million adult women in the U.S.
- About 17% of women and 16% men over 18 years old have overactive bladder (OAB) and an estimated 12.2 million adults have urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence is twice as common in women as in men.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause are major reasons of the increased prevalence of incontinence in women as compared to men.
- Between the ages of 18 and 44, approximately 24% of women experience incontinence.
- For women over age 60, approximately 23% deal with incontinence.
Sources1 National Association for Incontinence, Facts and Statistics
2 WomensHealth.gov, Urinary incontinence fact sheet
3 American Medical Systems, Urinary incontinenceAbout BladderCell: BladderCell is a startup incubating in the Leonhardt’s Launchpads innovation accelerators in Playa Vista, CA, Salt Lake City, Utah and Pittsburgh, PA. About Leonhardt’s Launchpads: Founded by Leonhardt Ventures in 2008 Leonhardt’s Launchpads focuses on launching startups focused on Regenerative Medtech innovations. 30startups currently are within the Leonhardt’s Launchpads accelerators at five locations in Playa Vista, California, Petaluma, California, Salt Lake City, Utah, Pittsburgh, PA and Brisbane, Australia. Leonhardt’s Launchpads 30 startups are primarily based on Leonhardt Venture’s patented and patent pending technology platform of bioelectric stimulation controlled release of 15+ organ regeneration promoting proteins, including stem cell homing, proliferation and differentiation controls signals + a micro infusion pump re-filled daily with a fifteen component mixed stem cell + growth factors composition. The business model of Leonhardt’s Launchpads is to advance startups through first-in-man clinical data and then seek out a strategic specific organ focused partner. About Leonhardt Ventures: Founded in 1982 by inventor Howard J. Leonhardt has led the development of a number of leading organ regeneration and recovery products including the world’s leading stent graft system for aortic aneurysm repair. Over 500,000 patients to date have been treated with Leonhardt inventions. See www.leonhardtventures.com for more information. Cautionary Statement: Leonhardt’s Launchpads and Leonhardt Ventures specialize in early stage development of organ regeneration and recovery technologies with a very small staff and very small budget compared to competitors in the sector. The technologies are brand new and are unproven for safety and efficacy. By nature of this specialization the investment risk is very high and is not meant for “nest egg” savings and is reserved only for sophisticated accredited investors with experience in these type of investments. Some statements may be forward looking and information may change. Information on linked web sites may be outdated and is prone to errors due to the small staff and budget to maintain their accuracy and updates. All of our patents are subject to upkeep with maintenance fees which may not be met. All of our agreements with third parties are subject to conditions that must be met to keep them active and valid. Our startups are highly dependent on external contract manufacturers and design firms which are not under our full control which may cause unexpected delays. If you have any questions requiring clarification of any information or updated information please contact us at the below email address or phone voice mail.
Leonhardt’s Launchpads by Cal-X Stars Business Accelerator, Inc. 12655 W Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066
Leonhardt’s Launchpads Utah, Inc. 370 S, 300 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84111Research Lab @ 2500 S State St. #224, Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Leonhardt’s Launchpads Pittsburgh, Inc.
2730 Sidney Street, Suite 300
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Web site: www.leonhardtventures.com
For the original news story, please visit https://prdistribution.com/news/leonhardts-launchpads-announces-the-launch-of-bladdercell-for-bioelectric-treatment-of-bladder-disorders.html.
Powered by WPeMatico
Latest posts by Editorial Team (see all)
- CIGA Design’s award-winning MY Series has been upgraded: New MY Titanium Edition is stronger, lighter and more comfortable - August 17, 2019
- LeadsDatabase.com Helps Businesses to Generate B2B sales Leads 10x Times Faster - August 17, 2019
- PR Distribution Inc. Offers Affordable Monthly and Yearly Packages for Press Release Distribution - August 17, 2019