ABB expands its solar inverter portfolio with the PVS-100/120 inverter
ABBâ€™s PVS-100/120 range of cloud connected, three-phase string inverter solutions for cost efficient decentralized photovoltaic systems is available from today.
As the solar market shifts towards new cost-effective platforms offering extreme high-power string inverters from 1,000 VDC up to 1,500 VDC, ABB PVS-100/120 platform maximizes the ROI and aims to reduce CAPEX and OPEX costs for installers and developers.
Suitable for both large-scale commercial and industrial ground mounted and rooftop applications, the PVS-100/120 offers a six-in-one, sun-to-socket solution, proven to deliver scalability, flexibility, proactive plant management and ease of installation.
Marco Trova, ABB Global Product manager â€“ String Utility said: â€œOur new PVS-100/120 string inverter range offers the ability to interact with the solar plant system like no other through high-power consolidation of physical parts and products along with digitalization.â€�
Overall the new range of PVS-100/120 solar inverters optimizes total cost of ownership, to include:
- 50 percent reduction in installation and logistics costs as fewer inverters are required to complete the optimal power block and the PVS-100/120 brings to market a solution with the largest power capacity for 1,000 VDC string inverters.
- Quick and improved user experience with fast installation, utilizing the existing moduleâ€™s mounting structure to install the inverter and therefore saving time and costs on logistics, training and site preparation. Installation is controlled and managed via the Installation Wizard, installer app and wireless access, thereby reducing installation time and improving overall user experience.
Smart product design features include secure access via a cover key, PV quick connectors and configuration via Wi-Fi to eliminate the risk of water ingress and further reduce the installation time for cabling, fuse and SPD checks.
- Greater capacity without compromising on versatility through its Six MPPT input configuration, the highest available on the market, which increases PV plant design flexibility while preserving yields in complex installations. The design friendly inverter solutions can be easily adapted for any application in large commercial rooftops and free field ground-mounted installations ensuring that installers and developers are no longer locked into legacy systems.
- Proactive control and management of the solar plant through ABB Abilityâ„¢ with remote monitoring capabilities, parameter setting and firmware (FW) updates to improve reliability and operational cost efficiencies with reduced plant complexity.
The addition of ABB Abilityâ„¢ further enables the delivery of monitoring upgrades and top-flight asset management to protect the customersâ€™ investment over the total life of the plant through scalability. Full Sunspec compatibility further guarantees effortless integration with third party systems such as dataloggers and/or SCADA systems, amongst others.
- Enhanced O&M can be achieved during the operating life of the plant through key features such as internal heavy-duty inverter cooling fans, which can be easily removed during scheduled maintenance cycles.
Component temperature control combined with the ability for horizontal and vertical mounting and fan speed modulation, increases the lifetime of the inverters and reduces self-consumption of the fan unit.
- All-in-One Design with integrated string combiner box solutions with DC disconnect and AC wiring compartment, the PVS-100/120 promises to deliver costs savings as there is no need for a separate DC combiner box and less inverters are required to complete the optimal power block.
Marco concludes: â€œThe PVS-100/120 inverter range from ABB is already being installed on projects across the globe as more and more solar plants combine hardware with software solutions to realize the cost saving potential and flexibility for high power inverters.â€�
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Manager
Electrification Products division
Phone: +41 (0)43 317 5404
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees. www.abb.com
Latest posts by Editorial Team (see all)
- Dubai Moves to Honour Knowledge Pioneer With $1 Million Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Award - May 20, 2018
- Court Dismisses Andrea Tantaros Lawsuit Against Fox News And Pete Snyder - May 20, 2018
- President Jimmy Carter spurs Liberty University Class of 2018 to success through service - May 19, 2018