Irene Dec, Co-Chair of Palm Beach Score “Women entrepreneurs are the rising stars of our economy and Palm Beach Score is committed to their success”
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. April 28, 2018
A dynamic group of Palm Beach County’s professional women and organizations will gather to learn about resources available to women entrepreneurs
WHAT: Palm Beach SCORE, a provider of mentoring and educational workshops to Palm Beach County-based businesses, announced it will host the county’s first coalition of women’s business organizations on May 11, 2018.
The goal of the event is to build awareness of the resources available for women entrepreneurs, including securing Women Owned Small Business Certification for government contracts. The program features a panel of female CEO’s from successful Palm Beach County small businesses.
The panelists include:
- Keynote Speaker – Kristy Cunningham, Senior Vice President, Strategy & Alignment, McDonald’s USA, LLC.
- Denise Cotman Albritton, CEO, Bus One LLC
- Sandra Foland, CEO, Baron Sign Manufacturing
- Yasmin Mitchell, CEO, Décor Steals
- Trinette Morris, CEO, Trindy Gourmet
Kate Volman, Founder of Kate Volman Media, will serve as the panel facilitator. In addition, Courtney McKenzie Newell, Founder, Crowned Marketing & Communications, will talk about steps to obtain Women Owned Business Certificate to secure government contracts, and other helpful resources.
Irene Dec, Co-Chair of Palm Beach SCORE says, “Women entrepreneurs are the rising stars of our economy and Palm Beach SCORE is committed to their success. We have designed this event to provide women entrepreneurs with the resources they need to succeed.”
Palm Beach County’s women’s organizations are already on board as strategic partners for this event. They will all be sharing information and networking about the resources and expertise they offer to small business owners. The participating organizations are:
- AWE/Alliance of Women Executives
- CREW: Commercial Real Estate Women Network
- Dress for Success Palm Beaches
- EmpowHer of the Palm Beaches
- Executive Women of the Palm Beaches Foundation, Inc.
- Florida Women Business Center
- Foundation of Women’s Cultural & Economic Literacy
- Gutsy Gals Inspire Me, A Division of Panther Productions, Inc.
- League of Women Voters in Palm Beach County
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women: West Palm Beach Chapter
- OSBA/ Office of Small Business Administration
- The PowHer Hub
- Small Business Development Center
- Small Business Administration
- United Ways Women United
- Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Palm Beach County
- Women’s Chamber Foundation
- Women’s Foundation of Florida
WHEN: Friday, May 11, 2018, from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
WHERE: Evergrene Country Club, 600 Evergrene Parkway, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33410
DETAILS: Registration is required for attendance. Click here or visit PALMBEACH.SCORE.ORG or call 561-833-1672 to register. There is a $25 admission fee per person, which includes a continental breakfast and networking opportunities.
About Palm Beach SCORE
Palm Beach SCORE provides mentoring and educational workshops to Palm Beach County businesses, a service that began in 1976. It covers from Boynton Beach north to Tequesta and the Glades. Clients receive free unlimited mentoring at the SCORE office in West Palm Beach, their business site, online or by telephone. The chapter is on track to serve more than 600 new clients this fiscal year and annually helps approximately 2,000 clients to grow their businesses. Local SCORE mentors helped launch nearly 250 new businesses last year, creating more than 500 new jobs in Palm Beach County. Learn more at http://www.palmbeach.score.org.
SCORE is the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, with approximately 10,000 volunteers in 300 chapters nationwide. Since its founding in 1964 as a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), SCORE has helped more than 10 million current and aspiring entrepreneurs through mentoring, workshops and educational services. In 2016 alone, SCORE helped to create 54,072 new businesses and add 78,691 new, non-owner jobs to the American economy.
Joan Linder, Palm Beach SCORE Vice Chair, Marketing
Email: [email protected]
Latest posts by Marcus Clinker (see all)
- Trump and the state of emergency: is it really urgent? - January 12, 2019
- Male Hypogonadism Market to Reflect Impressive Growth Rate During 2026 - May 19, 2018
- Governor Deal Signs Critical Timber Tax Reform Legislation - May 19, 2018