San Francisco Mayor-elect London Breed, the city’s first female African-American mayor was still basking in the glow of her election victory when she arrived at Rosa Parks Elementary school on Thursday. In her visit to her alma mater, she said that her heart is filled with memories and purpose.
In her speech with gladness, “In San Francisco, I think about this school, I think about the people I went to school with and I think about the fact that many of them don’t live in this city anymore,” She added that, “We have to build more housing. We have to build more housing. We have to build more housing, and I will be relentless in my pursuit to get the job done.”
As a San Francisco Mayor elect, her priority is to tackle housing problems, finding solutions to the homelessness crisis and creating safe injection areas for drug users.
During her political campaign, she patterned her agenda from her family’s background where her siblings were addicted to drugs, and her younger sister died of an overdose, while her brother is in prison for robbery and other crimes.
She addressed in today’s generations that: “no matter where you come from, no matter what you decide to do in life, you can do anything you want to do,” “Never let your circumstances determine your outcome in life.” she continues.
Breed raised millions for renovations. In 2012, she surprised the political establishment by beating out incumbent Christina Olague for a seat on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors. By 2017, Breed had risen to become the Board of Supervisors president and appeared to be laying the groundwork for a mayoral run in 2019.
As a result of her position as president of the Board of Supervisors, Breed became interim mayor for 42 days and made it clear that she would still be a candidate for the job.
- Oreskes, Benjamin ( 2018, June 14 ). London Breed just made history as San Francisco’s mayor-elect. Now come the real challenges. Retrieved from http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-london-breed-election-20180614-story.html
- Gill, Lorin Eleni. ( 2018 June 14 ) London Breed speaks to reporters outside City Hall Wednesday in San Francisco/AP Photo.
- Retrieved from http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-london-breed-election-20180614-story.html
Latest posts by Moe F. (see all)
- Many Discovered Living In Grimy Conditions At Relinquished Building - September 14, 2018
- The Matsui Family And Their Donations. - August 23, 2018
- Revealing The Top-10 Kickstarter Marketing Tips - August 18, 2018