SAN FRANCISCO, March 5, 2018 —
The global rolling stock market size is anticipated to reach USD 75.12 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 4.0% during the forecast period. Need for reduced traffic, cost efficiency, and reliability has propelled the adoption of rolling stock for transportation of passengers, goods, and animals.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160524/371361LOGO )
Rolling stock is commonly used for transportation of passengers as well as goods such as agricultural products, conventional fuels, construction materials, and heavy machinery. In countries such as India, governments operate rail infrastructure, whereas, in developed countries such as U.S. and Germany, either private entities or governments operate the infrastructure. Benefits such as minimal accidents and breakdowns, as compared to other modes of transport, are further driving market growth.
Enhanced speed and comfort offered by high-speed trains and maglev trains has driven passenger preference from conventional to advanced trains. Numerous companies such as CRRC Corporation Limited, Bombardier Transportation, and Trinity Rail are implementing turbocharger technology in locomotives used for public transport. This has further boosted market growth.
The rapid transit vehicle segment is anticipated to witness substantial growth as these vehicles are faster, efficient, reliable, and affordable. Rapid transit vehicles use electricity for operation and consume one-fifth of the energy per passenger kilometer as compared to road-based transport systems. Moreover, growing demand for rail vehicles has prompted governments to implement trams and adopt electric locomotives on a large scale. Such initiatives are expected to further help various regions achieve economies of scale with their existing railway infrastructure.
The market is consolidating due to increasing mergers and acquisitions. This is primarily driven by high competition and presence of established players in the market. In September 2017, Siemens and Alstom signed a memorandum that involved the collaboration of Siemens' Mobility Business and Alstom for manufacturing rail vehicles.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Rolling Stock Market Share Analysis Report By Product (Locomotive, Rapid Transit Vehicle, Wagon), By Type (Diesel, Electric), By Train Type (Rail Freight and Passenger Rail), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2025“ at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/rolling-stock-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Demand for rolling stock has increased over the years owing to benefits such as reliability and cost-effectiveness as compared to other modes of transportation
- The rail wagon segment generated the highest revenue in 2016, owing to increased import and export of various products in industries such as automotive, oil and gas, and mining
- Governments across the globe are investing in rapid transit vehicles to improve connectivity among cities and introduce smart transport facilities to provide a reliable and comfortable transportation system
- The MEA and South American regions are predicted to witness remarkable growth over the forecast period owing to increasing applications of rolling stock in the oil and gas and mining industries
- Key players in the market include CRRC Corporation Limited, Bombardier Transportation, Alstom Transport, and GE Transportation.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Automotive Powertrain Market – The global automotive powertrain market is projected to exceed over USD 650 billion by 2022 owing to increasing vehicle production combined with growing awareness regarding environmental pollution.
- Automotive Air-conditioning System Market – The automotive air conditioning system market is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace owing to rise in demand for vehicles from developing economies. The air conditioning systems constitute refrigerant, ventilation, and control system. Essential components of refrigerant include condenser, refrigerant cartridge, expansion valve and the evaporator.
- Automotive Seat Belts Market – The automotive seatbelt market is expected to witness a significant increase in demand over the forecast period owing to growing awareness regarding safety and strict traffic rules. Seatbelt ensures the high level safety of the vehicle occupant, thus preventing major injuries during an accident or collision.
- In-Car Entertainment Market– Global in-car entertainment market is expected to grow at a rapid pace owing to rise in passenger car market across the globe and increasing demand for sophisticated features in-car entertainment systems.
Grand View Research has segmented the global rolling stock market based on product, type, train type, and region:
- Rolling Stock Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Rapid Transit Vehicle
- Rolling Stock Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Rolling Stock Train Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Rail Freight
- Passenger Rail
- Rolling Stock Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/technology
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.