Gamingzone Entertainment AB and SkÃ¶vde Municipality has entered into a strategic partnership committing to producing future seasons of GAMERZ in SkÃ¶vde.
GAMERZ is the worldâ€™s first live reality show in e-sports. In the show, the most promising Counter-Strike talents gets an unique opportunity to achieve their dream of becoming e-sports professionals. The winners of GAMERZ get the chance to join the world-leading e-sports organization FNATIC Academy.
- We take undiscovered promising talents from their parentsâ€™ house to the e-sports world stage. Last season of GAMERZ was broadcasted in May of 2017. Back then, the participating players were from Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Now, we turn to talent from all over Europe and give them this opportunity, says Karl Mikael Cakste, CEO of Gamingzone Entertainment. And they will all go to SkÃ¶vde!
The program will be recorded in Gothia Science Park in SkÃ¶vde where a new GAMINGHOUSE is currently being built. In GAMINGHOUSE 12 talents will live, sleep, eat and play CS:GO during 20 intensive days. And it is crucial that your team wins, otherwise you risk going home. There are motivated gamers outside of GAMINGHOUSE ready to take your spot at all times.
- SkÃ¶vde strives to strengthen its position as Swedenâ€™s leading gaming city. GAMERZ has a strong fan base and is partnered with some of e-sports most prominent players. Hence we see this as an opportunity to put SkÃ¶vde on the map for all e-sports fans, says Katarina Jonsson, Chairman of the SkÃ¶vde Municipality Board.
Media and production companies all over the world have shown an interest in producing local versions of GAMERZ. The ambition is to record all these programs in SkÃ¶vde.
- SkÃ¶vde sees this as a natural first-step to create more opportunities for the active e-sports community in the region. We create an environment that is interesting for both active players and spectators, says Katarina Jonsson.
- SkÃ¶vde is appealing due to the competence and strong passion for gaming and e-sports. This was an important criteria when we decided to enter into this partnership, Karl Mikael Cakste ends.
Shortly it will be announced when GAMERZ Season 2 will start and where it will be broadcasted.
About Gamingzone Entertainment
Gamingzone Entertainment is an entertainment company in e-sports focused on creating narrative and entertaining original e-sports content. The founders have a background from TV4, MTG and Endemol Shine and have been involved in productions of Big Brother, Idol, Robinson and more.
About SkÃ¶vde Municipality
SkÃ¶vde Municipality has had a strategic focus on gaming and game development together with Gothia Innovation AB and the University of SkÃ¶vde during the last 10 years. The agreement with Gamingzone Entertainment is the result of cooperation between SkÃ¶vde Municipality, NEXT SkÃ¶vde, Sweden Game Entertianment and Kreativa Hus SkÃ¶vde AB. The intent is to strengthen the local e-sports scene and further establish SkÃ¶vde as a gaming city. SkÃ¶vde Municipality is a municipality located in VÃ¤stra GÃ¶taland County in western Sweden. It populates nearly 55 000 inhabitants.
Latest posts by Jasmine Petters (see all)
- American Academy of Thermology 2018 Annual Scientific Session Awarded 6.5 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 CME - May 20, 2018
- Strong Programme Raises Profile of the Maritime Standard Ship Finance and Trade Conference - May 20, 2018
- Pegasus Food Futures Announces Appointment of Stefanie Paterson as Head of Human Resources - May 20, 2018