Virtual public school offers students three pathways to graduation
With the addition of the accelerated and extended pathways, our virtual school is better able to deliver on our mission of providing Massachusetts students with a quality education and flexible alternative to the traditional classroom.
Walpole, MA April 26, 2018
TEC Connections Academy (TECCA), the Commonwealth’s largest virtual public school serving K-12 students statewide, announced that it will offer new pathways to graduation starting in the 2018-2019 school year. The additional pathways—accelerated and year-round extended options—enable students to receive a quality education through the power of online learning and at a pace that best meets their individual needs. With these options, TECCA becomes the only public school in Massachusetts to offer three different pathways to high school graduation.
“With the addition of the accelerated and extended pathways, our virtual school is better able to deliver on our mission of providing Massachusetts students with a quality education and flexible alternative to the traditional classroom,” said TECCA Superintendent Adam Goldberg. “We are committed to personalizing students’ schooling experience through our full-time virtual learning environment so that each student can maximize his or her potential.”
TECCA students are able to take advantage of the three pathway options beginning in the 2018-2019 school year:
- Traditional Standard Pathway: Students take a full course load in the fall and spring sessions. This option is available to students at all grade levels.
- Year-Round Extended Pathway: Students take fewer courses than a typical course load in the fall and spring sessions, and also attend the summer session. This track provides students with more time for other activities throughout the traditional school year while still allowing them to complete a full workload over the course of the year. The extended pathway is available to students entering grades 9-12 beginning September 2018.
- Accelerated Pathway: Students attend fall, spring, and summer sessions full time, enabling them to graduate early or make up lost credits. The accelerated pathway is available to students entering grades 9-12 beginning September 2018.
TECCA gives students the flexibility to learn from home in an engaging online environment that offers personalized learning. TECCA serves over 1,800 students from across Massachusetts in grades K-12 and employs more than 65 teachers and support personnel at its Walpole learning center.
In TECCA’s most recent annual survey of parents, 87 percent of parents indicate they would recommend the school to other families and 92 percent say their children are satisfied with TECCA’s program. Over 90 percent of parents are also satisfied with the helpfulness of their TECCA teachers and agree that the curriculum is high quality.
All TECCA students participate in the nationally accredited Connections Academy program that combines high-quality resources from leading publishers with cutting-edge, yet easy-to-use, technology tools and hands-on materials. Students work closely with licensed Massachusetts teachers using detailed daily lesson plans that can be personalized to meet individual student needs. A parent, or another adult “Learning Coach,” helps to monitors progress in the home.
Open enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year began on March 1. Families are encouraged to visit the school’s website to learn more about the online program and begin the enrollment process. For more information, call (774) 315-5123 or visit http://www.TECConnectionsAcademy.com.
About TEC Connections Academy Commonwealth Virtual School
TEC Connections Academy Commonwealth Virtual School (TECCA) is a tuition-free, virtual public school for students in grades K-12 across Massachusetts. TECCA provides students with the flexibility to learn from anywhere there is an Internet connection and with an innovative online school curriculum that meets rigorous state education standards. The combination of Massachusetts-credentialed teachers, an award-winning curriculum, engaging electives, technology tools, and social experiences provides a supportive online learning opportunity for students who want an individualized approach to education. The virtual school is sponsored by The Education Cooperative (TEC). For more information, call 888-410-6502 or visit http://www.TECConnectionsAcademy.com.
Latest posts by Editorial Team (see all)
- Dubai Moves to Honour Knowledge Pioneer With $1 Million Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Award - May 20, 2018
- Court Dismisses Andrea Tantaros Lawsuit Against Fox News And Pete Snyder - May 20, 2018
- President Jimmy Carter spurs Liberty University Class of 2018 to success through service - May 19, 2018