With arguably the greatest amount of wage and hour laws on the books of any state, California makes payroll processing a complex situation.
DURHAM, N.C. March 05, 2018
AudioSolutionz, a division of corporate education leader ProEdTech, will host the live webinar â€œWage and Hour Law 2018: California Styleâ€� with industry veteran Vicki M. Lambert CPP on Friday, March 9, 2018 at 12:30 pm ET. It has been said that California has a style all its own. This is especially true in the area of employment law! Plus: Take into account law changes made for 2018, and you can find yourself in a compliance nightmareâ€”with serious penalties on the horizon.
Get the help you need to navigate tricky legal watersâ€”federal, state, and local. Join payroll consultant Vicki Lambert as she outlines new minimum wage rates for 2018. Then, sheâ€™ll guide you through the actual math needed for calculating overtimeâ€”as well as how to handle mandatory sick leave, split shifts, call-backs, meal periods, donning and doffing, travel time, local minimum wage rules, and more!
California also has its own requirements in various areas of wage and hour law that federal law does not addressâ€”including paycheck stub requirements and posting regulationsâ€”and Lambert will address those, too. Sheâ€™ll also cover Californiaâ€™s anti-theft wage law and explain how to properly prioritize compliance under California labor law and the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Plus, Lambert will address: wage orders; alternative workweeks; payment methods; permissible deductions from pay; and the definitions of regular rate of pay, workweek, and workday.
The session will help HR and payroll professionals, accounting personnel, business owners, lawmakers, attorneys, and any individual who deals with the complexities and technicalities of California wage and hour law compliance.
After attending this session, you will understand:
- California minimum wage, including the latest information and new rates for 2018
- What to include on a paystub in California
- Both California and federal wage/hour laws as they pertain to payroll preparation
- Californiaâ€™s mandatory sick leave law
- Pay requirements, including permitted pay frequencies and methods
- The requirements to satisfy when an employee terminates
- How to calculate overtime pay in California
- How to define hours workedâ€”and how to report time pay and split shift pay
- When to offer breaks/lunch (or dock for meal periods)â€”and when youâ€™ll be penalized for compliance failures
For more information and to register, visit: https://www.audiosolutionz.com/hr-compliance-employment/california-wage-and-hour-laws.html
Get $30 off on our conferences and webinars. Use Code PRWEB30 on checkout (applicable for all purchases).
ProEdTech is a leading source of knowledge and training for professionals in over 15 industries, serving individuals, businesses and their employees around the globe. It offers webinars, online conferences, seminars, boot camps, books, DVDs, white papers, industry reports and other learning tools from industry experts and insiders who provide a fresh perspective on key issues, trends and regulations in order to simplify governance, risk and compliance (GRC) for enterprises and industry professionals.
ProEdTechâ€™s AudioEducator webinars offer updates, regulatory knowledge and information on the latest news in various medical specialties, as well as coding and billing updates, and analysis of regulations that affect ambulatory surgical centers, home health, long term care and hospice facilities, hospitals and healthcare systems, health insurers and physician practices. Webinars are also offered through AudioSolutionz in the technology, human resources, construction and housing, ICT and telecom, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods and retail, safety and security, transportation, energy and environment, education, trade, and chemicals industries. ProEdTechâ€™s Eli Financial platform offers tax and banking professionals, focusing on providing high-quality online training products customized for U.S. lenders and tax practitioners that include the latest updates from the IRS, CFPB and other regulatory authorities. ProEdTech regularly provides professionals the opportunity to get answers to their most complex questions directly from experts, without having to attend costly live conferences. To learn more, visit: http://www.proedtech.com/.
Latest posts by Editorial Team (see all)
- PRDistribution.com offers the Best Press Release Writing and Distribution Service - July 18, 2019
- Revolutionary Air Quality Monitor PiCO Home Launches Fundraising Campaign on Indiegogo - July 18, 2019
- Leonhardt’s Launchpads Accelerator Announces Demo Days and Showcases September in San Francisco and Palo Alto for Organ Regeneration and Recovery Focused Startups - July 18, 2019